Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stairs or escalators?

Look at this picture. What do you see? I tell you what I see.  I see two guys taking the escalator. But see why? Because they are going to the gym. What a paradox. They are going to beat themselves at the gym but fail to take the stairs on their way.
I have seen this behavior many times. When confronted with the stair/escalator or stair/elevator dicotomy people usually choose the mechanised way of transportation. Just go to an airport or a mall and you will see. If you do not believe this just look at the picture. Come on! These guys are going to the gym and they fail to take the stairs.

Perhaps there is a supreme law ingrained in our brains that I could summarize as the "law of the least effort”: a person when confroned between two choices he (or she) will choose the one that can perform with the least effort.
I say we should start a rebelion. Do not choose the escalator, choose the stairs. Not only you will gain on your health but you will make  yourself a statement on why you are here on this planet. Refuse modern conventionalism and defuse the bombarment of useless unconcious rules such as the principle of the least effort in your daily life. I say go for the choice that require more effort. You will gain on character.

No comments:

Post a Comment